BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday 2 January 2010

Kelsey James :]


Honestly, I’m not the biggest fan of horror films because I’m scared too easily! But I have watched a lot with my friends because the atmosphere when we’re altogether watching one is actually exciting. My favourite kind of horror film is definitely paranormal and psychological horrors, especially those that are relatable for example when the setting is a normal house or a school. Blood and gore doesn’t scare me as much because often it seems unreal. One of the best bits of horror films for me are the parts that make you jump, and the build up just before, when you can feel something bad is about to happen. Or even better when tension is built simply to end in an anti climax so the actual frightening moment is unpredictable. And general unpredictability makes the genre so much more exciting than any other genre.
I am definitely excited about making our own horror, because it means we can use all our favourite conventions to make our own ‘perfect’ film. Also it should be really fun researching the best horror films, finding the best locations and coming up with an exciting narrative.

0 comments: